LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
February 8, 2017
The meeting was called to order by Jimmy Schapiro (KDØFPC) at 7:00 p.m. Introductions followed: There were 12 members present. The minutes from the January meeting were approved as was the financial report.
Standing committee reports:
- REPEATER: The consensus was that the repeater is working well.
- WEB PAGE: Jack said he has taken some old information off the website and said he needs new stuff to put on the website, but it is working well. Check it out.
- EMERGENCY NET: Due to Ralph Eddin’s passing, Ernie Venis took the emergency net this month and reported that he had six check-ins including himself this morning.
The net is held the same day as our club meeting, the every second Wednesday of the month at 10:00 a.m.
- Mark your calendars for the emergency drill at 10:00 a.m. this Wednesday, March 8th.
- TESTING: No one was available to do testing tonight which was OK because no one needed testing.
- 2 METER NET – February Net Control: Frank Miller (KS2Z)
– March Net Control: Frank Miller (KS2Z)
Jack McGuire suggested that we change our Saturday morning net to a weekday night. After some discussion, it was decided to leave the net on Saturday morning as is.
10 METER NET: Although some people listened to see if there was a net, no one heard anyone so no net transpired.
- TRAILER COMMITTEE: Nothing to report.
- OLD BUSINESS: Glenn reported that he sent the information he received from the Rolla Club to Gary Welch and Fred Groce for their research on the request to link our repeater with theirs for various nets.
- NEW BUSINESS: Dues are due.
Ernie said that this week is Severe Weather Preparedness week. There will be a Severe Weather Drill on Tuesday, March 7th at 10:00 a.m. It will be run from the EOC.
- Sickness and Injuries: Ralph Eddins passed away a few days before our February meeting, and the funeral was held on February 11th at the Baptist Church in Sunrise Beach. The Club set a bouquet of flowers to the funeral home. At least three Club members attended the viewing.
- Ham Equipment for sale or swap: Larry Gregory has an Icom 746 Pro, 200’ of coax, plus other equipment he was going to list on our website.
- The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:25 m.
Glenn Commons (K0KER)