LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
May 10, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Jimmy Shapiro, (KD0FPC). Introductions were made. There were 14 members and one visitor
The April minutes and financials were not sent out by email, but they were provided at the meeting for anyone interested to read. They were approved.
Standing committee reports:
- REPEATER: Gary Welsh said that the repeater is working well.
- 2 METER NET: June Net Control: Tom Ely
July Net Control: Glenn Commons
- CAMDEN COUNTY EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS: The emergency drill was run today. It is always run on the same day as our club meeting at 10:00 a.m. Ernie Venis, (W0LTC) was net control. He had 5 or 6 check-ins.
Mark your calendars for emergency drill and club meeting for June 14th.
- TESTING LIAISON: There was no testing tonight.
- FIELD DAY: June 24th & 25th. A signup sheet was passed out for people willing to work on field day to sign up. Eight people said they were willing to participate, and Tom Smith says that his brother, Tim and one other man are coming from Kansas City. That makes 10. Please look at the attached sign-up sheet so we can complete the schedule at the next meeting on June 14th. If you are not able to attend the next meeting, please email back how and when you can work on Field Day.
Jimmy (KDØFPC) has filed the paperwork with MDC for we can legally use the site.
Bill Ott (NØNTA) asked when we would eat. We’ll decide at the next meeting – wives and dogs welcome.
- WEB PAGE: Jack McGuire (KDØQEB) said that the website is operating fine but requests input for articles and information he can publish.
- TRAILER COMMITTEE: The tires on our emergency communications trailer are fourteen years old and it was moved, seconded and passed that we get new tires for it. A budget limit of $300.00 was set. Jack McGuire said he would use his truck to take the trailer, and on May 31st, Jack, Fred Groce, Jimmy Schapiro and Glenn Commons took the trailer to Clark’s Tires in Laurie. The tires cost $227.32.
- Wrecking Crew: Tom Smith had invited anyone who would help to come to his house after the trailer tires were purchased to help him put up a new antenna on his roof. Fred Groce, Jimmy Schapiro and Glenn Commons went to his house and helped get the antenna up.
- OLD BUSINESS: The suggestion that we link our repeater to the Rolla ARC repeater was again discussed. The bottom lnie is that we don’t have enough information to make an intelligent decision, and as Larry Gregory pointed out, we don’t have perfmission from COMO Electric, we don’t know what equipment would be required and we don’t know the cost. Fred agreed to continue his investigation as to the technical possibility of doing this and the cost of doing so. Fred will have a full report at the upcoming meeting.
- NEW BUSINESS: none
- Sickness and Injuries: Roger Farrow’s widow, Jeannette, is in a nursing home, but no one knows exactly where.
- Ham Equipment for sale or swap:
Check the website for other equipment for sale.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:45 p.m.
Glenn Commons (K0KER)