LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
September 13, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Jimmy Schapiro (KD0FPC). Introductions were made. There were 16 members and 3 visitors.
The August minutes were sent out via email. They were approved.
Standing committee reports:
- REPEATER: Fred said that as part of the ongoing maintenance of our repeaters, he and Gary would switch out the Micom for a few days to test our alternative equipment and then reinstall the Micom. Fred said he would get rid of “message 5”.
- CAMDEN COUNTY EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS: The emergency drill was run today. It is always run on the same day as our club meeting at 10:00 a.m. Ernie Venis was net control. He had 6 check-ins.
Mark your calendars for the emergency drill and club meeting on Wednesday, October 11th.
- 10 METER NET: Four people were on the net the Tuesday before the meeting, but there was no official net control.
- TESTING LIAISON: There were 4 people for testing.
Robert C Gislason, a visitor, achieved his Technical license and is now KE0OMZ.
Ben Poest, who has participated in Eagle Days and Field Days with us in the past, achieved his Technical license and is now KE0ONU.
Jeanne Heib, a club member, passed her General license.
Congratulations to all.
- WEB PAGE: Jack McGuire continues to ask for updates, articles and any ham related material he can publish on our Club’s website. You can reach him by logging into the website: loarc.com
- TRAILER COMMITTEE: No Activity
- WRECKING CREW: No Activity
- 2 METER NET: October Net Control: Jack McGuire
November Net Control: Jeanne Heib December Net Control: Glenn Commons
- Nominating Committee. Jimmy asked people to serve on the Nominating Committee to select candidates for upcoming open board positions. Fred Groce, and Gary Welsh agreed to serve on the committee. They should have their recommendations in by the October meeting so that the candidates can have time to campaign and schedule a debate. Maybe John MacLeod can televise it on his slow scan system. Be prepared to vote in November.
- OLD BUSINESS: Fred reported that our Club’s Echolink Node is 892585. He said that it is working and he is continuing to work on the audio quality.
Website equipment listings: Jack said that he had received an email through our website from someone who wanted us to list some estate sale ham equipment for sale on our website. Our policy is to list equipment only for club members, and some expressed concern that if someone was scamming on our website, we could be held liable. Another suggestion was to limit listings to hams only. That would mean that non-ham spouses would not be permitted to list equipment on our website. After some additional discussion, it was decided we would continue with our “members only” policy.
Eagle Days: Glenn asked if we had enough interest to do at least one day of an Eagle Days special event station. There were few hands in the air, and unless there is a ground swell of interest at the upcoming meeting, we’ll forgo the effort for January, 2018.
- Sickness and Injuries: None reported.
Ham Equipment for sale or swap: Please list on our website by contacting Jack McGuire through our website.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:40 p.m.
Glenn Commons (K0KER)