LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
October 11, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Jimmy Schapiro. Introductions were made. There were 13 members. There were no visitors.
The September minutes had been sent out via email. They were approved. September’s financials were also sent out.
Standing committee reports:
- REPEATER: Gary reported that he was switching out the backup repeater with the normal repeater. The backup repeater is working well. Como has a backup power system that will switch on after 45 seconds of power loss and will keep the repeater working.
- EMERGENCY NET: Ernie Venis reported that COMO wants us to have I.D. tags for anyone authorized to access the repeater. Fred objected since, in an emergency, he may not have the tag with him. Ernie ran the emergency drill today. It is always run on the same day as our club meeting at 10:00 a.m. Today, there were ten (10) check-ins.
Mark your calendars for emergency drill and club meeting for November 8th.
- TESTING: Jerry Parmer tested for his Tech license. He is now KEØOTM. Congratulations!
- WEB PAGE: Jack McGuire was absent and there was no report
- 2 METER NET: Last Saturday, there were 13 check-ins.
- 2 NET CONTROL:
October Net Control: Jack McGuir
November Net Control: Jeannie Heib (see new business)
December Net Control: Glenn Commons
- 2 NET CONTROL:
- 10 METER NET: There were 3 check-ins on the Thursday night previous to the Club meeting.
- TRAILER COMMITTEE: No Activity.
- WRECKING CREW: No Activity.
- NOMINATING COMMITTEE: No report.
- OLD BUSINESS: John MacLeod brought up that he did not understand the decision to allow only club members to post items for sale on the Club’s website. The problem in the past was that a non-club member advertised an item that was junk. One previously discussed reason was that the club might be liable for the quality of the item being advertised. The issue originally came up because someone from Kansas City, whose parent, (who at one time may have lived at the lake), had died and was trying to list his equipment on our website. After much discussion, the consensus what that we should allow non-club members to list equipment at the discretion of the webmaster and with a disclaimer stating that the club is not endorsing the quality or functionality of the equipment listed. Frank Miller moved that the issue be tabled until Jack McGuire, webmaster, and Glenn Commons return to get their input. The motion passed.
- NEW BUSINESS: Jimmy said that we should be considering where we want to hold the Christmas party and make a decision at the next meeting.
Jeannie Heib said that she is not setup to handle being net control in November as planned and asked that someone else handle it. Frank Miller said that he would.
- Equipment for Sale: Please put all equipment for sale on the Club’s Website.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:23 p.m.
Glenn Commons (K0KER)