LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
August 8, 2017
The meeting was called to order by Larry Cicchinelli (K3PTO) at 7:02 p.m. Introductions followed: There were 10 members present and no visitors.
The July, 2018 minutes had been sent out via email and were approved. The financial report was also approved.
Standing committee reports:
- REPEATER: Fred said he could hear our repeater better than the 955 when he was traveling out of town, so it seems to be working well. We have two new people trained for maintaining the equipment.
- EMRGENCY NET: Was held on our repeater at 10:00 and on the 955 at 10:10.
It was decided at the July meeting that we would do two emergency nets as above so that people who do not have transceivers with tone capabilities can still participate in the emergency nets. Fred mentioned that the Emergency Net announcement was not updated to reflect this change because he did not get the notice that we were doing the net twice, once on each repeater. This was due to a momentary glitch our Club Secretary’s reporting capabilities, and it was not added to the minutes. (Glenn apologizes.)
Mark your calendars for the emergency drill at 10:00 a.m. and club meeting on Sept 12, 2018.
- TRAILER COMMITTEE: The trailer has been sitting outside because the facility has been storing their tractor in the shed; however, they have moved the tractor out and we may now use the shed again. Tom Smith agreed to meet Fred tomorrow morning to put the trailer back in the shed provided they could find some keys to the shed/trailer.
- TESTING LIAISON: No one to test.
- WRECKING CREW:
- 2 METER NET: August Net Control: Larry Cicchinelli (K3PTO)
: September Net Control: Tom Smith (WAØOFO)
: October Net Control:
- 10 METER NET: Larry said he had five check-ins. One person checked in from Jacksonville, FL. Larry said that when the net was supposed to start, someone was on our usual frequency. He moved down 2 kh and found an open frequency. TAKE NOTE: It was decided that in the future, moving down frequency in 3 kh down steps would be best.
- ECHOLINK: Jerry Parmer (KE0OTM) said that Echolink is working well.
- FIELD DAY WRAPUP: Fred said that he would get a report put together and send it to Glenn (KØKER) for publication in the minutes. Larry mentioned, per a previous decision, that we need to get one of our old Kenwood transceivers out of the trailer, take some photos and list it for sale online. Tom Smith said that he thought it would be good to keep them both so we have a spare. Gary (NØRIJ) agreed. A motion to keep both Kenwood transceivers was passed unanimously.
- OLD BUSINESS: None
- NEW BUSINESS: Tom Smith reminded everyone that the Boy Scouts’ Jamboree on the Air will be held October 19 through the 21st. Go to scounting.org/jota/ for more information.
The Joplin Hamfest is coming up in a couple of weeks.
- Sickness and Injuries: Jim Schapiro has not been seen recently but someone said he is on the mend. (He has been at recent Eatin’ Meetin’s and looks like he usually does.)
- Ham Equipment for sale or swap: Check the website: loarc.com
Our procedure for allowing anyone to list equipment is in place. Please download the equipment for sale submission form, fill it out and email it back to Jack McGuire per instructions on the website.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:25 p.m.
Glenn Commons (KØKER)