LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
June 12, 2019
The meeting was called to order by Larry Cicchinelli (K3PTO) at 7:00 p.m. Introductions followed: There were 16 members present and two visitors.
The May, 2018 minutes had been sent out via email and were approved. The financial report was given by Glenn Commons (K0KER) at the meeting.
Standing committee reports:
- REPEATER: Gary Welsh (N0RIJ) said that the repaired repeater has been returned and is running pretty well.
- EMERGENCY NET: Ernie Venis (W0LTC) said that there were 11 check-ins on our repeater and 7 on the .955..
Mark your calendars for the emergency drill at 10:00 a.m. on the .955 repeater and our monthly club meeting on the same day: July 10 2018.
- TRAILER COMMITTEE: Fred stated that the trailer should be brought out of storage prior to Field Day to check it out making sure the tires were at proper pressure and the battery was charged. He agreed to bring the trailer to his house on the 19th and asked that others help in getting it checked out.
- TESTING LIAISON: There was no one there to test.
- WEB PAGE: Jack McGuire KDØQEB said that the website was down for a couple of days due to a problem with the ISP host. Scott Poest (KB8KGU) worked with the ISP and got us up and running again. Jack encourages everyone to check it out and do so on a regular basis. If you have any articles, information or cartoons for Jack to post, please forward to him.
- WRECKING CREW: Nothing to report
- 2 METER NET: January Net Control: Glenn Commons – KØKER
February Net Control: Jack McGuire – KDØQEB
March Net Control: Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL
April Net Control: Frank Miller – KS2Z
May Net Control: Fred Groce – KØFG
June Net Control: Larry Cicchinelli – K3PTO
July Net Control: Glenn Commons – KØKER
August Net Control: Ron Swinney – ABØP
September Net Control: Ray Tucker – NØZYX
October Net Control: Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL
November Net Control: Glenn Commons – KØKER
December Net Control: Frank Miller – KS2Z
- 10 METER NET: Larry reported that there were six (6) check-ins, two from Florida.
- OLD BUSINESS: Glenn handed out certificates to Scott (KB8KGU) and Ben Poest KEØONU
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Glenn gave the details for Jerry Parmer’s KE5ØTM celebration of life service to be held on June 26th and encouraged club members to attend.
- There was a discussion on whether we want to continue to list for sale items on our website. It was decided to leave it as it is for now, but at Jack’s discretion.
FIELD DAY: Larry passed around a Field Day schedule and asked for those attending to confirm their availability and when they can work so he can finish and send out actual operator and logger assignments. Jeanne Heib KEØNAF agreed to obtain the sandwiches and other items for the pitch-in dinner. Thanks Jeanne. We were reminded to bring our own lawn chairs for the dinner.
- Sickness and Injuries: Tom Smith’s wife, Valerie, had knee surgery recently and Tom reports that it went well.
- Ham Equipment for sale or swap: Check the website:loarc.com
Our procedure for allowing anyone to list equipment is in place. Please download the equipment for sale submission form, fill it out and email it back to Jack McGuire per instructions on the website.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:44 p.m.
Glenn Commons (KØKER)