February 2020 Minutes

LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
February 12, 2020

The meeting was called to order by Larry Cicchinelli (K3PTO) at 7:00 p.m.  Introductions followed: There were 11 members present and 3 visitors. 

Approved January minutes(with minor wording change using VE Liaison instead of Coordinator)

Standing Committee Reports

  • REPEATER: Fred mentioned the clicking noise. He feels like it is in the repeater itself. Would not be easy to look at. Will monitor for now. The controller board was not making announcements and the memory was erased.  Fred will look into it soon. The controller board company is out of business, so we may need to replace it if the problem continues.
  • TRAILER COMMITTEE: No report on the trailer. The committee will make a list of club members that can pull the trailer since Fred sold his truck.
  • WRECKING CREW: No Report
  • TESTING LIAISON: January Testing 2 people tested and passed (1- Tech and 1- General). Three people are scheduled to test tonight. Steve (AA4SB) would like a list of names of those who are VEs and those that may be interested in becoming VEs.
  • WEBPAGE: Jack McGuire (KDØQEB) has everything updated.
  • EMERGENCYNET: 12 Check-ins on 146.73 &11 Check-ins on 146.955
  • 10 METER NET: 6 Check-ins this week. We would to see more activity from club members. If you are available Tuesday evenings at 9:00pm please check in on 28.410
  • 2 METER NET:
    • February Net Control: Jack McGuire – KDØQEB
    • March Net Control: Glenn Commons – KØKER
    • April Net Control: Frank Miller – KS2Z    
    • May Net Control: Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL
    • June Net Control: Larry Cicchinelli – K3PTO

OLDBUSINESS:

  • Public Relations Representative – Tabled until more members present
  • FIELD DAY 2020: June 27th -28th.
    • Need to start forming a planning committee. So far we have about 6 members interested.
    • Frank NØLRG will stop by and confirm availability for Camdenton Tower Site Missouri Department of Conservation
  • Training Sessions: Do we want to do this in the fall?
    • There are a few members interested in doing some type of training this year. Will wait for more members to be present before a final decision can be made. Will need to decide either to have the self-study session or more of a traditional class room. Last year was advertised on KRMS, LCTC brochure and community event section in the newspaper.Discussed about having a day or two of teaching then a cram session. One idea was to have a classroom session and give out the ARRL Technician Manual. Then offer a cram session and testing two weeks later. We will discuss options at a later meeting.

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Review Current Committee members
  • Repeater Committee: Gary Welsh, Fred Groce and Jack McGuire. This committee is responsible for the operation of the 146.730 repeater located in Laurie, MO.
  • Wrecking Crew: Fred Groce, Ray Tucker, Glenn Commons, Jack McGuire and Larry Cicchinelli. We formed this committee to help club members (and select nonmembers) with putting up antennas and other projects that require help. With that said remember, we don’t climb towers.
    • Wally Pfaff is selling his house and may need to have his tower taken down if the house sells.
  • Trailer Committee: Fred Groce, Lee Cole, and Jimmy Schapiro are the current members. Currently, keys for the storage facility are held by Fred Groce and Glenn Commons. Main responsibility of this committee is to maintain the clubs Emergency Communication Trailer.
  • Community Involvement:Steve (AA4SB) mentioned that we need to work on getting the club out into the community. In a future meeting we will be discussing ways to connect with the community and possibly increase awareness/interest in Ham Radio. Ideas include going to the Annual Home Show, Dogwood Festival and other events in the communities.

Sickness and Injuries:

        Tom Smith–has 5 months of chemo treatment

Ham Equipment for sale or swap: See the website.

            Fred has a couple of mobile radios available tonight if anyone is interested.
            Cheryl Bland has a neighbor that would like an antenna tower taken down to give away.

The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:40p.m.

Respectively submitted,
Robert Harmon  KEØTTL
Secretary/Treasurer