LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
April 8, 2020
The meeting was called to order by Larry Cicchinelli (K3PTO) at 7:00 pm on the Club Repeater.
Approved March minutes
Financial Report – $2,315.00 General Fund & $677.00 Equipment Fund with $2,992.00 as Grand Total
Standing Committee Reports
- REPEATER: Repeater is working. Still some issues with the controller board. May need to look at repair or replacing in the future.
- TRAILER COMMITTEE: Will need to get the trailer cleaned and ready for the season. We should start generator, check the tires and charge the battery.
- WRECKING CREW: No Report
- TESTING LIAISON: In February 2 people tested and passed (1 General & 1 Extra) Testing is on hold until further notice. There are a few asking about taking the Technician Exam.
- WEBPAGE: Jack McGuire (KDØQEB) Website is up to date
- EMERGENCY NET: 8 Check-ins on 146.73 & No Check-ins on 146.955 (link issues)
- 10 Meter Net: 6 Check-ins on April 7th
- 2 METER NET: 42 total check-ins for the month of March
- April Net Control: Glenn Commons – KØKER (Update)
- May Net Control: Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL
- June Net Control: Larry Cicchinelli – K3PTO
- July Net Control: Frank Miller – KS2Z (Update)
- August Net Control: Ron Swiney – ABØP
- September Net Control: Jack McGuire – KDØQEB
- October Net Control: Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL
- FIELD DAY 2020: June 27th -28th.
- Frank (NØLRG) was able to confirm the Camdenton Tower Site Missouri Department of Conservation in the event that restrictions are lifted prior to June 27th.
- Steve (AA4SB) is forming the committee. Please let him know if you are interested. Larry (K3PTO) said he would be willing to help.
- See the article on the ARRL Website “Field Day 2020 — A Time to Adapt”
- Training Sessions: There seems to be some interest in doing this. We will discuss this at the next meeting when we are all together.
- Community Involvement:
- Lake of the Ozarks Air Show – The Airshow at is another option to be involved. Glenn (KØKER) is coordinating with Bruce (AEØIQ) to set something up. It looks like we should be able to set up the trailer onsite. We may be able to promote the training sessions at this event. We may need to rent some space. It is still early and we can look into options once the event planners get things going.
- No new business was brought up.
Sickness and Injuries: Dale (KEØYFL) had surgery in February and is recovering well.
Ham Equipment for sale or swap: The ads have been removed from the website.
- Glenn (KØKER) has a FT-2800M 2 meter radio available (Update – Sold)
- Fred (KØFG) has a FT- 8100 Dual Band that has a bad Microphone cable.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:29 pm.
Robert Harmon KEØTTL