May 2020 Minutes


May 13, 2020

The meeting was called to order by Larry Cicchinelli (K3PTO) at 7:00 pm. 

Introductions followed: There were 10 members present and no visitors for the meeting. 

Approved April minutes

Standing Committee Reports

  • REPEATER: Still some controller issues. At this point it is functioning and we will wait to see if it gets worse. We will look at replacement units to bring up for discussion at a future meeting.
  • TRAILER COMMITTEE: Will have a Pre-Field Day workday on May 26 @ 9am. Please contact Fred KØFG if you are interested in helping. We will meet at Serenity storage on Hwy MM. Someone will be monitoring the club repeater if you need directions.
  • WRECKING CREW: No Report.
  • TESTING LIAISON: No Testing in April. There were 5 that came after the meeting for testing.
  • WEB PAGE: Jack McGuire (KDØQEB)Still looking for any suggestions. Will put the membership application online under the membership section. It can be downloaded and filled out. We still need to vote for new members at a business meeting.
  • EMERGENCY NET: 6 Check-ins on 146.73 & 5 Check-ins on 146.955
  • 10 Meter Net: 6 Check-ins:
  • 2 METER NET: April 43 Total Check-ins
    • May Net Control: Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL
    • June Net Control: Larry Cicchinelli – K3PTO
    • July Net Control: Frank Miller – KS2Z
    • August Net Control: Ron Swiney – ABØP
    • September Net Control: Jack McGuire – KDØQEB
    • October Net Control: Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL
    • November Net Control: Glenn Commons – KØKER


  • FIELD DAY 2020: June 27th-28thSetup will start at 9 am Saturday and operate until noon on Sunday.
    • Steve AA4SB presented and reviewed portions of Field Day Preparations for discussion.
    • Frank NØLRG confirmed the Camdenton Tower Site MDC. It is currently closed. We will need to wait until the June meeting to see if it will be available for Field Day. Operators need to be within 1000 ft. of diameter by ARRL rules. Some alternates are Camdenton City Park, Lake of the Ozarks State Park – PaHeTsi boat ramp overflow parking area and Camdenton Middle School parking lot.
    • This year will be bring your own food – We will be able to spread out that way.
    • We would like to have Coordinators for setup to help spread the responsibilities.
      1. Public Awareness – Glenn KØKER
      2. Trailer – Fred KØFG
      3. Computers – Fred KØFG
      4. Radios and Antennas – Paul K6IMZ
      5. Safety – Steve AA4SB
      6. Operating Coordinator
      7. Breakdown Coordinator
    • Trailer setup will include testing radios and adding bulkhead connectors to make it easier to connect the antennas. We will also need to ensure we have the proper connectors to connect the radios on the inside of the trailer. We will check for band pass filters. Fred, Glenn, Paul and Robert volunteered to check things over on May 26th.
    • There should be a banner to use inside the trailer.
    • Field Day T-shirts coffee cups and other items are available on ARRL website.
    • We will be operating 2 HF radios and possibility a 6 meter radio. Paul will look at the possibility of using digital modes.
    • Discussion about VE testing during field day was tabled until June to see what the interest is.
    • May look at setting up a GOTA (Get on the Air) station. Paul will look into using mobile antenna if we would like to try to do this. It will depend on the resources and we will discuss again in June.
  • Training Sessions: Do we want to do this in the fall? Will discuss more in a future meeting.


  • Eating Meetings: There was some discussion on when to restart the Eating Meetings on Friday. The question was asked: “If Eating Meetings started this week, who would attend” There was a consensus of the members present that we need to wait awhile before restarting the Eating Meetings. We may look as some informal luncheons if there is interest. We will also need to see which restaurants are open.

Sickness and Injuries: Wally and Pam Pfaff’s son Eric passed away this week.

Ham Equipment for sale or swap: 

  1. Fred KØFG has an older 2 meter mobile and Ten-Tec Omni.
  2. Larry K3PTO has some Elecraft K1s and K2s available.

The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:50 pm.

Respectively submitted,
Robert Harmon KEØTTL