LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
June 10, 2020
The meeting was called to order by Larry Cicchinelli (K3PTO) at 7:00 pm.
Introductions followed: There were 16 members present and 2 visitors for the meeting.
Approved May minutes
Standing Committee Reports
- REPEATER: Repeater was sent in for repair. It had a damaged power supply. The repair will cost $300.00. Please note: The repeater will have a CTCSS Tone127.3 for both transmit and receive when it returns from the repair shop. We voted to join the Missouri Repeater Council for a $10 annual membership fee.
- TRAILER COMMITTEE: The trailer is ready to go for field day. We had 6 people show up for the workday to get the trailer ready. Fred KØFG and Glenn KØKER were able to get the bulkhead connectors installed through the wall near the patch panel. We need to find a new home for our trailer because Serenity Storage is no longer able to keep our trailer. Please let a club officer know if you have any ideas for indoor storage.
- WRECKING CREW: Ray Myers WBØPYF needs help repairing his antenna at his condo. Several members offered to help on Saturday June 13th.
- TESTING LIAISON: May testing 4 passed – 2 Extra and 2 Technicians. Two scheduled for testing tonight.
- WEB PAGE: Jack McGuire WJØTM The membership application is now online under the membership section. It can be downloaded and filled out.
- EMERGENCY NET: 6 Check-ins on 146.73 &5 Check-ins on 146.955
- 10 Meter Net: 6 Check-ins:
- 2 METER NET: May 64 Total Check-ins
- June Net Control: Larry Cicchinelli – K3PTO
- July Net Control: Frank Miller – KS2Z
- August Net Control: Ron Swiney – ABØP
- September Net Control: Jack McGuire – WJØTM
- October Net Control: Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL
- November Net Control: Glenn Commons – KØKER
- December Net Control: Frank Miller – KS2Z
- FIELD DAY 2020: June 27th-28th Setup will start at 9 am. Contest starts at 1 pm Saturday and operate until noon on Sunday.
- Steve AA4SB presented and reviewed Plans for Field Day.
- Field Day will be held at Camdenton City Park on Pam May Drive. We will be located in the smaller pavilion and have permission to spend the night in the park.
- Bring your own chairs because seating is limited.
- We have 10 people so far that have volunteered to operate. Steve will be sending our a preliminary schedule next week. Please let Steve know if you would like to operate and are not on the list.
- Fred KØFG and Paul K6IMZ will be bringing the trailer and setting up the antennas.
- Gary NØRIJ will get the generator and power supplies ready to go.
- Glenn KØKER will be doing a press release for all newspapers and radio station in the lake area. He also has some fliers that can be posted at your favorite shop/store. He will get the banner ready to hang at the park.
- Paul K6IMZ will get the radios ready to go. He will look into setting up a digital station and a GOTA station. We plan to operate 2 HF stations and possibly a 6 meter radio.
- Fred KØFG will get the logging computers ready
- ARRL has changed the rules for operating from home. It is possible to make contacts from your home station to count as club totals. If you are interested in operating from home, Steve AA4SB will be sending out more detailed instructions later. If you have questions, please contact Steve AA4SB.
- You can use your own call sign and use Lake of the Ozarks ARC for the club count.
- We will be making accommodations for those that wish to operate but are concerned about social distancing. Please contact Steve AA4SB if you would like to operate onsite using social distancing protocol.
- This year we plan to operate all the way to noon on Sunday. Frank NØLRG will plan to operate overnight. Tear down will start at Noon.
- Please note that you will need to bring your own food and drinks for the meal. There will be bottled water available.
- Eating Meetings: We are now doing Eating Meetings. Please watch for emails or listen to the announcements on the club repeater for updates.
- Ron Campbell AEØJA recently passed his Tech, General and Extra. He submitted an application for membership. The members present voted unanimously to accept him as a club member.
Sickness and Injuries: Ernie’s wife had surgery today.
Ham Equipment for sale or swap: Fred KØFG has CW keys for sale.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 8:00 pm.
Robert Harmon KEØTTL