LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
November 11, 2020
The meeting was called to order by Larry Cicchinelli (K3PTO) at 7:00 pm.
Introductions followed: There were 18 members present and 2 visitors for the meeting.
Approved October minutes
Standing Committee Reports
- REPEATER: Fred KØFG and Robert KEØTTL have the parts and will be working on the repeater after the Eating Meeting on Friday. The CTCSS tone should be active by Friday afternoon. Tone squelch is also active for anyone that has a newer transceiver.
- TRAILER COMMITTEE: No Report
- WRECKING CREW: No Report
- TESTING LIAISON: 2 scheduled for testing tonight. (General, Tech). Last month we had 1 pass the General.
- WEB PAGE: Jack McGuire WJØTM – Please send any news or ideas for updating the website content. A suggestion was made to add testing statistics for 2020. (number tested/number passed)
- EMERGENCY NET: 9 Check-ins on 146.73 & 12 Check-ins on 146.955.
- 10 Meter Net: 7 Check-ins:
- 2 METER NET: October Check-ins 61 total
- October Net Control: Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL
- November Net Control: Glenn Commons – KØKER
- December Net Control: Frank Miller – KS2Z
- January Net Control: Larry Cicchinelli – K3PTO
- February Net Control: Jack McGuire – WJØTM
- March Net Control: Need a volunteer
Election of Officers for 2021
- The election of officers was held tonight. It was moved and seconded that the slate of candidates by voted in by acclamation. That motion passed unanimously.
- The results are:
President – Gary Sunstrom KE5JTL
Vice President – Steve Bouck KDØSB Secretary/Treasurer – Cheryl Bland KDØEYQ
- The new board members will serve a one year term beginning January 1st.
- In December the new board members will need to schedule a time to meet at Central Bank to complete the banking paperwork.
- Ernie WØLTC discussed the need to encourage participation in ARES.
- There have be several new applications from local amateurs to participate in ARES.
- Ernie has applications for any club members who would like to join.
- There was one exercise recently and one involving the Red Cross this coming Saturday.
- ARES is coordinated by the state and local Emergency Management offices. You must have an application on file to participate in any actual event. Camden County EMA is our local coordinator.
- Please consider taking some optional online courses offered by FEMA. Especially the introduction to Incident Command System.
- In order to take the FEMA courses, you need to get a FEMA ID. The instructions for obtaining a FEMA ID are found at the following link: https://cdp.dhs.gov/FEMASID
- You can find the link to the online course catalog at: https://training.fema.gov/is/crslist.aspx
- Robert KEØTTL will send more information to be posted on the LOARC website.
- In the past we have been invited to participate in exercised hosted by Benton County ARES. https://www.bentoncountyares.org/
Trailer Storage or Other Options
- Glenn KØKER suggested that we look at constructing a simple wood structure. It may be possible to ask for a donation of materials from a local lumber company.
- Ernie will check with the EMA office to see if we have permission to build such a structure.
- If approved by EMA, we will then need to apply for building permit from the city of Camdenton.
- A motion was made to have Glenn pursue pricing on a simple wood structure. Motion was approved.
- Some of the local restaurants are hesitant to host Christmas parties due to COVID.
- A few club members have offered to check with other restaurants that may be willing to help.
- One option would be to have a catered meal in a larger meeting area in the local area.
- Robert KEØTTL will send out an update once the venue has been established.
- If you are interested in attending please let Robert know ASAP so we can have a count for the restaurant or caterer.
- The Training committee was unable to meet due to COVID quarantines. The committee will try to meet sometime in December.
Eagle Days 2021
- Scheduled for January 9-10, 2021
- There was some discussion on the location for the Eagle Days special event operation.
- During the last few years the event was held at the EMA office in Camdenton
- The EMA office provides a good warm and comfortable opportunity for getting some of the newer members involved.
- It can provide opportunity for training on logging and making contacts.
- Setup is very easy due the permanent antennas on site.
- Another option would be to use the club’s communication trailer.
- It would be nice to have our trailer on display for the public.
- Using the trailer would be a good training exercise for setting up a mobile station.
- Eagle Days uses several venues for the programming. We can look at the venues available and choose one with the ability to use power and bathrooms.
- Robert KEØTTL will look at options for setup using the trailer.
- It was decided to pursue setting up the trailer if the weather is good. If there is poor weather especially snow or ice, the alternate location will be the EMA office.
- Fred KØFG will apply for the special event call sign.
- The following were unanimously accepted as new members of LOARC.
Patrick McDonald – KDØUSI
Don Weaver – KFØBZU
Craig Kerns – KFØBGP
Sickness and Injuries:
- Dale KEØYFL had surgery for a pacemaker. All went well.
Ham Equipment for sale or swap:
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:50 pm.
Robert Harmon KEØTTL