LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
February 10, 2021
The meeting was called to order by Gary Sundstrom, President KE5JTL at 7:00 pm on two meter repeater.
Introductions: There were 15 members and 1 visitor present for the meeting.
Minutes: A motion to accept the minutes of the January 14, 2021 minutes as amended was made by Gary Sundstrom. Upon hearing no objections, motion passed.
Standing Committee Reports
- REPEATER: Fred Groce reported that the repeater has two messages that are conflicting but is working well. A change of address will need to be made with the FCC.
- TRAILER COMMITTEE: The trailer is still at Fred’s. Gary Sundstrom is working with the Camden County Emergency Management Agency to set up a Memorandum of Understanding to store the trailer there.
- WRECKING CREW: There was no report.
- TESTING LIAISON: Steve Bouck reported that we have two new techs that passed their tests: KFØDOQ – John and KFØDOR – Steven. Steve Bouck reported that testing will be held on Thursday, February 11 at Mid-County Fire Protection District at 7 pm. There will be five candidates testing.
- WEB PAGE: Jack McGuire reported that the webpage is up and running and that he is looking for new material. Email him if you have any info to add to the webpage. He will post the new P O Box on the webpage.
- EMERGENCY NET: Ernie Venus said that he received compliments from the Region Fnet. There were 12 check ins for the drill on January 30. There are control board problems on 146.955. There were 7 check-ins on 146.73 today.
- 10 Meter Net: 20 Check ins in January
- 2 METER NET:49 Check-ins in January
- February Net Control: Jack McGuire – WJØTM
- March Net Control: Fred Groce – KØFG
- April Net Control: Glenn Commons – KØKER/Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL the 1st Saturday
- May Net Control: Gary Sundstrom – KE5JTL
- June Net Control: Need volunteer
Testing Schedule: Steve Bouck reported that the testing schedule is well in hand.
- DMR Repeater: Fred Groce reported that he will do some research and keep everyone in tune.
- Tech Night: The third Wednesday of each month starting in February there will be a training night held at the Camden County Emergency Management Agency from 7 pm to 8:30 pm. The meeting will include introductions to equipment, projects such as antennae, etc. This meeting should be brought up at the next Saturday net.
- New Ham Information Packet:There will be an information packet prepared for new operators and/or members. Gary Sundstrom is looking for a volunteer to head this project. It will require some research. Email him or call him if you are interested in this position.
- Eagle Days: Is scheduled to be held on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Osage National Golf Course and the Regalia Hotel and Conference Center. Gary Sundstrom has contacted Osage National and they are receptive to having us in the parking lot, but the event is kind of tentative. Need to have a volunteer to head this up. The club’s communication trailer will be used. The trailer will need to be prepared for use by fixing anything, airing up the tires, checking the battery, gas for generator, etc.
- Summer Field Day: Gary Sundstrom contacted the Missouri Department of Conservation in Camdenton regarding the permit to use their parking lot for the event. Steve Bouck brought up that the event was cancelled at the last moment last year and suggested that we get the okay from the City of Camdenton to have the City Park available as back up. Steve Bouck has a script that he can update and suggested a committee format. Larry Cicchinelli, Gary Sundstrom and Dale Bland volunteered to help.
- No applications were received. Steve Bouck will update the membership application with the P O Box and provide a copy to Jack McGuire for the webpage. New members would be able to send in their payment or bring to a meeting to be approved. Would like to have the new members come to a meeting to be voted in.
Sickness and Injuries:
- There was none.
Ham Equipment for sale or swap:
- There was none.
- The Friday Eating Meeting will be held at Chuckwagon in Camdenton.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:32 pm.
Cheryl Bland, KDØEYQ