June 2021 Minutes

LAKE OF THE OZARKS
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB MINUTES
June 9, 2021

The meeting was called to order by Gary SundstromKE5JTL, President, at 7:00 pm.

Introductions: There were 19 members and 1visitor present for the meeting.

New Members: A membership application was received in the mail from Rich Meyerpeter, KCØMVK.  The application will be held until the next meeting since dues were not remitted.

Minutes: A motion to accept the minutes of the June 9, 2021as corrected was made by Fred Groce KØFG and seconded by Bruce Bramon AEØIQ.  Motion passed.

Field Day Update:  Steve Bouck KDØSB provided a Field Day update.  Field Day will be on June 26 starting at 1 pm and July 27 ending at Noon.  Steve went over a checklist to ensure the everything was ready for Field Day.  Items included trailer, radios, antennas, generator, site approval, public relations, GOTA station, computers, lunch, dinner, etc.  For safety reasons it is recommended to have four people over night.  The schedule of who is doing what and when was discussed.  Since this is considered an unofficial contest, the objective is to have fun.  A site map was used to show the proposed site layout.  Members need to bring lawn chairs.  Per Missouri Department of Conservation rules masks are required and no alcohol is permitted.  Dinner will be catered.  Steve will email members for confirmation of the number for dinner so that food can be ordered.

Standing Committee Reports

REPEATER:Fred Groce KØFG said that everything is working just fine.

TRAILER COMMITTEE:Fred Groce said that he is still storing the trailer and it will need to be checked before Field Day.

WRECKING CREW:Nothing to report.

TESTING LIAISON:No testing scheduled for tonight.

WEB PAGE:Nothing to report.

EMERGENCYNET: Ernie Venus WØLTC reported that there were 5 check ins on146.73 at 10 am and 5 check ins on 146.955 at 10:10 am on Wednesday, June 9.

10 Meter Net: There were 22check ins on 28.410 on Tuesdays at 9 pm in May (Larry Ciccinelli K3PTO).

2 METER NET:There were 61 check ins on 146.73 on Saturdays at 9 am in May (Gary Sundstrom).

            June Net Control:  Dale Bland KEØYFL
            July Net Control:  Patrick McDonald KEØUSI
            August Net Control:  Paul Rumford K6IMZ
            September Net Control:  Jack McGuire WJØTM
            October Net Control:  Larry Cicchinelli K3PTO
            November Net Control:  Need volunteer
            December Net Control:  Need volunteer

OLD BUSINESS:  There was none.

NEW BUSINESS:There was none.

Sickness and Injuries: There was none. 

Announcements:  McDonalds has reopened the dining area to the public if anyone is interested in going there after the meeting.There will be no tech night at the Emergency Management Office this month.

Ham Equipment for sale or swap: There was none.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:03 pm.

Respectively submitted,
Cheryl Bland, KDØEYQ
Secretary/Treasurer