March 2023 Minutes


March 8, 2023

The meeting was called to order by Larry Cicchinelli K3PTO, President, at 7:00 pm.

Introductions: There were 15 members and 2 visitors present.

New Members:A new member application was received from Clay WØSMF and Amy Hoelting WØLOF with a check for dues.  They did not attend the meeting.

Minutes:  A motion to accept the minutes of the February 8, 2023 meeting as received was made by Jack McGuire WJØTM and seconded by Steve Frakes KAØSF.  Motion passed.

Financial Report

Standing Committee Reports

REPEATER:Fred Groce KØFG reported that the 2-meter repeater is working fine.

TESTING LIAISON:  Steve Bouck KDØSB reported that there are three people here who want to test tonight.  There could potentially seven to test tonight.

WEB PAGE:  Jack McGuire WJØTM reported that the webpage is doing good.

POTA:  Steve Eden KØSRE reported that there is a Plaque Event taking place the first weekend of June so there will be a lot of people operating then.  There is also a Support Your Park Event coming up.

Emergency Net:  There were 2 check ins on 146.730 at 10 am and 2 check ins on 146.955 at 10:10 am on Wednesday, March 8, 2023 (Ernie Venus WØLTC).

 10 Meter Net: There were 28 check ins on 28.410 at 9 pm on Tuesdays in February 2023(Larry Cicchinelli K3PTO).

2 METER NET:   There were 43 check ins on 146.73 at 9 am on Saturdays in February (Jack McGuire WJØTM)

            March Net Control:  Steve Frakes KAØSF
            April Net Control:  Fred GroceKØFG
            May Net Control:  Ron CampbellAEØJA
            June Net Control:  Larry CicchinelliK3PTO

Sickness and Injuries:
There was none reported.


Field Day will be discussed under New Business.


A home for the DMR repeater is still needed.  We are still waiting on a decision from Mid-County Fire Department.  The tower at Station #1 is full and the IT people need to make a decision about the tower at the Lake Road 5-65 station.  There is a 5G link for internet from the tower at Station #1 to the 5-65 station.  It was discussed that Sunrise Beach Fire Department also has towers.

Larry Cicchinelli requested a show of hands of members who are interested in participating in Field Day. There were 10 or so.  Field Day will be held at the Conservation Tower.  Need to determine what antennae, where to put them, where to place tents/canopies, food, etc.  The Club owned a canopy and tarps were used for side panels.  It may still be in the trailer.  Jack McGuire is making arrangements to pick up trailer contents from Ralli Motar.  Jack also has the radios from the clubhouse.  Larry Cicchinelli will need to know if the canopy is found.  Dale Bland and Ron Campbell have 10 x 10 canopies.  Dale Bland also has folding tables.  It was discussed that a record needs to be kept of club supplies that are being stored by club members.  A head count for food for the evening meal will be needed.  Dale Bland will send an email out to all members to find out who is coming and any suggestions for food.  Steve Bouck will coordinate the food and everyone can bring side dishes.  Terri Myers discussed advertising.  She has contacted Big Brothers/Big Sisters and the Boy Scouts.  There are no Girl Scouts or Cub Scouts in the area.  A flyer for them to hand out is wanted.  The ARRL Field Day web page has a flyer with a space for our club info.  Terri and Buford Casebolt will print the flyers and take to places and provide to Radio Stations and newspapers.  Whether 4-H should be included was discussed.  If photos are taken with children, a signed release is need with their parents permission.  Ron Campbell said that he has about a 30-minute presentation that he would give to groups if requested.  Ron Campbell suggested that newer equipment be brought to Field Day to show attendees what is available.  May be interested in doing CW and digital mode also for a few hours.  Ron Campbell asked members to email him if they have any ideas for Field Day.

Gary Sunstrom reported that he had talked to the Camden County Library District and since the tower is outside the building, they were ok with leaving the equipment up until we have someone to climb up the tower.  He will check to see if they want the coax from the tower.

Ham Equipment for sale or swap:

Fred Groce KØFG has a few things left from Ray Myers.

Larry Cicchinelli K3PTOwill be visiting Gary Fenstmaker’shouse to see what is left there.  The tower and antennae will be kept at the house since the son will be living there and he wants to eventually get his license. 


A thank you note was received from the Sunrise Beach Little Theatre for the donation of the chairs.  They were very appreciative to be given the chairs.

The next two Eating Meetings on March 10 and 17 will be at Chuckwagon in Camdenton.

 A motion to adjourn was made by Jack McGuire and seconded by Fred Groce.  Meeting adjourned at 7:52 pm.


Respectively Submitted,
Dale Bland, KEØYFL